Lockdown in the Greater Darwin Area and Alice Springs will end from 1pm today.
Restrictions will be in place until 1pm on 9 July 2021 for high-risk activities to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in our community. This date has been chosen as it represents one replication cycle, or 14 days from the first positive case in the Territory.
Our strategy to beat COVID-19 in the Territory is working, the situation is looking positive but this isn’t over yet and we need to remain vigilant.
The Territory Check-In App will become mandatory for use in all NT businesses, shopping centres, venues and events. Pen and paper will still be permitted. You will be required to check in everywhere you go, no matter how long you spend at that location. We will be working with businesses in the coming days and our Business Champions will be there to support you.
From 1pm today there will be no restrictions on the reasons to leave home if you live in Greater Darwin or Alice Springs. Staying COVIDSafe remains important and these restrictions will follow you and continue to apply if you travel outside of these areas.
· Travel will be permitted across the Territory.
· Face masks must be worn when you are unable to physically distance – this includes at places like the supermarket, shops and hairdresser. Workers who come into close contact with patrons, or who work in crowded environments will need to wear a mask.
· Up to 10 people can visit your home at a time.
· Restaurants, cafes and pubs will re-open for seated service only. Patrons will be required to wear a mask when they go to the bar to order.
· Big events must have The Territory Check In QR Code system in place and be able to comply with physical distancing and mask wearing requirements.
· Indoor exercise including at gyms, Zumba, barre, pilates and yoga studios will remain closed. Non-contact sport is permitted.
· Places of worship will open. Masks must be worn and physical distancing applied.
· Schools, vacation care and childcare centres will open.
Taking these next steps will continue to provide protection to our communities while we review and monitor the situation. Territorians have done an incredible job staying home, getting tested and looking after each other. Thank you for doing the right thing.
It’s important that you keep getting tested if you have any symptoms. The fastest way to book a COVID-19 tests is online at https://covid19appointment.nt.gov.au/test#/appointment or call the COVID-19 Hotline on 1800 490 484.
Check in using The Territory Check-In App everywhere you go, no matter how long you are there for. Using the check-in app allows our health teams to quickly undertake contact tracing and do the critical work they need to in the case of an outbreak.
For more information on The Territory Check-In App visit: https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/stay-safe/check-in-app
Personal behaviour is our best defence against COVID-19. Physically distance, wear a mask if needed, keep washing your hands, stay at home if you’re sick, get tested if you have symptoms and get the COVID-19 vaccine.