21 Feb 2020
Tourism operators can now join a range of discounted advertising opportunities, announced as part of the Territory Government’s $2 million Immediate Tourism Resilience Plan to minimise the impact to our tourism industry from the Australian Bushfires and the coronavirus outbreak and maintain the momentum in attracting more visitors to the NT.
In addition to Tourism NT’s national brand campaign featuring Tourism Australia’s Holiday Here This Year messaging, the new advertising deals have been designed to sit alongside the official Tourism NT campaign, further leveraging the Northern Territory as a must see destination.
There are a number of advertising opportunities available for operators to participate in at no cost or to buy into including international, national and regional press and digital advertising featuring cooperative partner deals with discounts as much as 96 per cent off the media value.
Advertising opportunities are limited so operators will need to be quick to take advantage of these opportunities. There are nine offers available with full details available at www.tourismnt.com.au/marketing/domestic-marketing
- NT Now - $0 participation fee. Contact email@example.com to provide your discount deal.
- northernterritory.com - $0 participation fee. To participate contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Traveller - various packages available. Contact email@example.com
- TripAdvisor Australia - $0 participation fee *commissions apply. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your participation by 20 March and load your discount offer by 25 March.
- TripAdvisor Global - $0 participation fee *commissions apply. Contact email@example.com to register your participation by 20 March and load your discount offer by 25 March.
- Weekend Australian Magazine - LIMITED OFFER various prices. Provide an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February.
- The Weekend Mag - News Regional Media - LIMITED OFFER various prices. Provide an expression of interest to Caitlin.Ebel@nt.gov.au by 28 February.
- NT News Special Edition - LIMITED OFFER various prices. Provide an expression of interest to Caitlin.Ebel@nt.gov.au by 4 March.
- Backpacker Deals - $0 participation fee. To express your interest in being featured please contact email@example.com
Quotes from Department of Tourism, Sport and Culture Deputy CEO Andrew Hopper:
“As part of the Northern Territory Government’s $2 million Immediate Tourism Resilience Plan, Tourism NT has arranged a number of tourism operator advertising opportunities with its partners.
“These advertising opportunities have been created for all NT tourism operators to buy-in directly alongside the Tourism NT marketing program.
“We know the best way to create immediate holiday visitation is to inspire interest to travel to the Northern Territory through great content, followed up immediately by offering great deals and easy ways to book.
“The advertising opportunities have been carefully designed to ensure alignment with the Tourism NT marketing campaign Holiday Here This Year.
“The opportunities include significant advertising discounts, offering a broad range of businesses the opportunity to be a part of the program and continue to attract visitors to the Territory.”
Media contact: Department of Tourism, Sport and Culture Media Manager 0428 052 647