NT WorkSafe has commenced an investigation into incident involving the Octopus Ride at the Fred's Pass Show.
- WorkSafe Inspectors have attended the scene and issued a prohibition notice, and a non-disturbance notice on the ride.
- An independent engineer will be engaged to assess the ride next week.
- Comments made to the media earlier has incorrectly stated “all rides are checked out thoroughly by NT WorkSafe.”
- The responsibility of checking the safety of a ride sits with the ride owner and the engineer they engage.
- NT WorkSafe and other work health and safety regulators audit the rides maintenance records, log books, as well as a site verification for the rides set up and operation.
Media Contact: Peter Chan 0401 114 569